Friday, October 9, 2009

Business Mentor-Points to Ponder

Dr. Raymond Jewell, the highly respected economic coach and mentor, has placed a new business model live on Google concerning business mentoring. I was thinking this morning, that if I were to choose a business mentor, what would I look for? What would be some questions that I would pose to this person, before I decided to join the program?

I decided to post this article, thinking that some of my Google readers might just gain some interesting insights and perspectives into the whole process of business mentoring.

What is a Mentor?

In my way of thinking, it should be a person who is well schooled in the area of mentorship they are promoting. They should be professional in their approach, and have systems locked firmly in place, that will help me to achieve my goals, whatever they may be. Just talking a big game, is definitely not the same as being able to walk the walk.

What does a Mentor do?

A mentor is a person who is willing to help people who are wanting to help themselves. I would certainly not think of a business mentor who would be anything but very rigorous in their approach. Not everyone would be able to withstand a rigorous mentoring program. The 80/20 rule would certainly apply in any business model. If I chose to become a mentee, then I would want to be very dedicated and persistent in my approach.

How much could a Mentor accomplish for the protege?

Certainly the mentor can only provide the guidelines and road maps. It would be up to the person needing the mentoring, to take the bull by the horns and run with it. I know in MLM and network marketing, most will never accomplish any real work at all. I also know, that after teaching and mentoring search engine optimization for years, only a handful will ever pickup the ball and run with it.

What would it cost to become a business mentee?

I would be well prepared to pay for services, IF I thought that I would receive valuable information. The cost of becoming a mentor would be solely up to the person conducting the mentoring program. If someone told me that mentoring were free, I would laugh, and simply walk away. I know for a fact that nothing is free in this life, and you definitely receive what you pay for.

How much work would I have to do in joining a mentoring program?

I would personally think that the key to my success would be directly related to my personal initiative, and the amount of time and energy that I would spend in developing a professional business of any type. It would require the time that it would require.

Those are just a few highpoints that I pondered this morning, but I would suggest that anyone desiring more success, and be willing to pay the price of dedication, should view this site, and signup. I would ONLY signup if I were serious about becoming successful!

BusinessMentorSystems.com
_________________
Full Range of SEO Services
from Butch Hamilton, The Wildcat
SEO Master

Free SEO Ebooks, Website Consultation,
Free SEO Articles, Free SEO and Domain Podcasts
and much more!

Find It All HERE!